General meetings are mandatory and will be planned each semester in attempt to accommodate each members’ schedules as best as possible, especially with those of the Presidents, Vice Presidents, & Secretary.
It’s tons of fun to practice, compete, and spend time with peers who share the same passion for horses! We are a close group of friends who love to hang out and ride together.
In order to be a competing member of the Ferris State University Equestrian Club, one must:
• Be a current, full-time student of Ferris State University.
• Have a cumulative career GPA of 2.5 or above. GPAs are checked per semester.
• Pay his or her $60 sponsorship fee (as well as the remaining applicable dues) at the beginning of the school year, or s/he must pay full show fees until dues are paid.
In order to be an RSO member of the Ferris State University Equestrian Club, one must:
• Be at least a part-time student of Ferris State University.
• Pay his or her $30 sponsorship fee (as well as the remaining applicable dues) at the beginning of the school year.
When you become a member of the Equestrian Club, you make connections and friends from all over Michigan and even Canada. Our club involves much travel and competition at a team and individual level, creating a fun and inviting atmosphere. Members enjoy bonding with those that share the same passion for horses.
The Equestrian Club frequently participates with volunteer opportunities at our home barn, United Way, CLACS, and other on- and off-campus events and organizations.