Our meetings consist of discussing volunteering and fundraising opportunities, on and off campus. We also plan and make payments for competitions as needed throughout the school year.
It is all the fun of riding a horse with friends by your side!
In order to be a member of the Ferris State University Equestrian Club, a member must:
• Be a current, full-time student of Ferris State University
• Have a cumulative career GPA of 2.5 or above. GPAs are checked per semester.
• Turn in their $60 sponsorship fee (as well as the remaining applicable dues) at the beginning of the school year, or expect to pay full show fees until payments are complete.
• Fill out a release and hold-harmless agreement due to the inherent danger associated with equine activities (See Michigan Equine Liability Act of 1994).
• Sign a release and hold-harmless agreement for any barn or facility in use by the Ferris State University Equestrian Club.
• Follow the Code of Student Community Standards through Ferris State University (signed when admitted to the university).
Neither show experience nor owning a horse is required to be a member of the Ferris State University Equestrian Club.
When you become a member of the Equestrian Club, you make connections and friends from all over Michigan and even Canada. Our club involves much travel and competition at a team and individual level, creating a fun and inviting atmosphere. Members enjoy bonding with those that share the same passion for horses.
The Equestrian Club frequently participates with volunteer opportunities at our home barn (Cran-Hill Ranch), United Way, CLACS, and other on- and off-campus events and organizations.
Good Standing (Financial)